What are the Organization Validation requirements?
The requirements for an Organization Validation SSL certificate are the same regardless of which CA you go with.
Business validation process includes three phases: domain ownership check, company verification, and a callback. The process takes around 2-5 working days if all documents are correct and supplied on time.
DCV (Domain Control Validation) is a verification of domain name ownership. It is possible to validate domain via multiple methods like e-Mail validation, DNS CNAME, HTTP/HTTPS Hash file and Meta tag.
To pass Business/Organization validation, you may need to provide some official documents to certification center. Mostly they require Business License/Article of Incorporation/Registration application. You can submit them via Post Mail, fax or via e-mail in PDF/JPG format.
- Option A (Most popular)Company legal existence checks via public government database using company name or unique idetification number (registration number)
- Option BCompany can be checked via public 3rd party databases like
Duns & Bradstreet
Companies House GOV.UK
- Option CCompany address can be verified using one of the documents:
– Articles of Incorporation (with address)
– Government Issued Business License (with address)
– Copy of a recent company bank statement (you may blacken out the Account Number)
– Copy of a recent company phone bill
– Copy of a recent major utility bill of the company (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.) or current lease agreement for the company
The last step is a callback process. For Business Validation SSL vendors use automated callback process. Comodo robot calls you on the verified number and tells you a verification code. To validate official phone number you can use any of the options:
- Option A (Most popular)
Certification Center verifies phone number via public Yellow pages Databases like http://www.numberway.com OR http://world.192.com
- Option B
Vendor may verify number via trusted databases like Duns & Bradstreet OR Hoovers.
- Option C
Verified legal opinion or accountant letter signed notary. Certification center may verify notary legality.