Effective date: May 25, 2018
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected – Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Company name
- Company VAT/TAX/REG number
- IP address
- Transaction ID (not Credit Card number)
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
GlobeHosting, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
GlobeHosting, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside US and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to US and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, GlobeHosting, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
GlobeHosting, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of GlobeHosting, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Right to be informed and Right of access (GDPR) GlobeHosting, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to GlobeHosting, Inc.. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by GlobeHosting, Inc. will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products. The exceptions are: providing information to CA, Bank, Payment gateways, ShopperApproved.com service and Government entities.
- Right to rectification (GDPR) You have rights to request updating any personal information about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please note, we are not able to modify any invoices for previous months, as all information already sent to local TAX/VAT office with original information provided.
- Right to erasure (GDPR) The right to erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten’. Individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances: Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed. The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child. When the individual withdraws consent. The personal data was unlawfully processed (ie otherwise in breach of the GDPR). When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing. The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.We are not able to delete/remove issued and paid invoices, as we need to provide that information to local TAX/VAT office, however, rest information will be removed on your request.
- Right to restrict processing (GDPR) You have rights to request to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
- Right to data portability (GDPR) You have rights to to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way. We will provide all personal data in a structured way using open formats like CSV.
Service Providers (Sub-contractors)
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Vendors – Certificate Authorities (Sub-contractors)
We use third-party Service Providers to process/issue SSL certificates, PCI compliance tools, Domains and other services. We are permitted to pass your personal information and order details to our third-party Service providers.
- DigiCert Platinum partner of DigicCert. DigiCert is the world’s premier high-assurance digital certificate provider. We simplify SSL/TLS and PKI, and provide identity, authentication, and encryption solutions for the web and the Internet of Things (IoT). DigiCert operates Symantec SSL, GeoTrust, RapidSSL and Thawte brands.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Behavioral Remarketing (Sub-contractor)
- Google AdWordsGoogle AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using support tickets via https://customer.globessl.com